Citizen Action – How You Can Make a Difference!
There are 150 legislators in the Iowa Legislature. Each one will have an important role regarding this legislation and you should be equipped with reaching out to them.
First, focus productive efforts on contacting individual senator and representatives HERE .
If a legislator does not fit either of those criteria, your efforts will not be productive and may potentially backfire. Please trust the system and protocols in place so that each legislator can dedicate the time necessary to hear the opinions of those they represent.
Ways to connect and reach out to your legislator: email, phone call, or request an in-person meeting.
Tell the media why this matters!
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper about your position on this legislation
- Email your local radio station about this issue, ask them to address it, and share your position opposing this legislation
Meet and educate the folks in public health
Reach out to your local health boards, school boards, the State Health Department, the State Board of Health with your concerns. Bring them data! Send them to this website.
Social Media – Join us!
- Invite five friends to like the Facebook page
- Follow us on Twitter:
- Use #informedchoiceiowa when referencing this issue and spread the awareness
- Like and Share our posts and tweets with others
Join our Coalition
- Your public support makes a difference! By joining our ever-growing list of supporters, we can show our legislators, the media, and fellow Iowan that we have a strong coalition with a wide-variety of support.
Information found on this page and other pages of this website are for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. Please consult a trusted medical professional to determine what is right for you and your family.